James began his sailing career at a young age, starting out with the Oppies at the age of 5 and worked his way up the ranks into the national squad.He then went on to compete in the Laser class for six years at the top of the fleet. After stepping foot into the International Foiling Moth his passion for sailing was reignited and is now competing at the top end of the fleet against some of the worlds best sailors.
- 2014 Moth Nationals, Hayling Island - 31st
- 2014 Torbay Week, Babbacombe SC - 3rd
- 2014 UK Moth Inland Championships, Grafham - 3rdli>
- 2015 Moth Open Championships, Parkstone -4th
- 2015 Moth Nationals, Stokes Bay - 7th
- 2015 UK Moth Inland Championships, Grafham - 1st
- 2015 International Moth European Championships, Lelystad, Netherlands - 6th