Adam MayBiography Gallery
Helmsman: Adam May
Class: International Moth
Favourite item of Gill Kit: Compressor Vest
- Adam is well known in the sailing World as one of the growing number of ‘foiling’ converts. He has been active in the International Moth class throughout its adoption of hydrofoils, and subsequent growth. It’s been a while since he sailed many ‘sea hugging’ boats, such is the appeal of silent flight above the waves. He was recently the first person to adopt a solid wingsail on an International Moth.
- Having been an Olympic Tornado crew for the Sydney 2000 Games, Adam moved into coaching for Skandia Team GBR, working with the 2.4 Paralympic class, a number of the Olympic squad teams, and most recently the Star class.
- Back in line with his degree training, and technical interest of the sport, Adam is now involved with the America’s Cup again. The blend of wingsails, and catamarans is an interesting draw to somebody with experience in both fields.
Design Team member for Artemis Racing America’s Cup Team. 2010 – present day.
Technical Coach to TeamOrigin TP52 Team, 2010
Coach / Technical support to Iain Percy and Andrew Simpson Star Campaign. 2009 – present day
Skandia Team GBR Coach, 2.4 coach at Beijing 2008 Paralympics
Member of Victory Challenge AC Team, 32nd America’s Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup Series
2006, Moth World Championships, 3rd
2005, Moth World Championships, 3rd
2005, Moth European Championships 2nd
2004, Moth European Championships 3rd
2004, F18 UK National Championships, 1st
2001, Tornado UK National Championships, 1st
2000, Tornado Olympic Games, 6th
1996, National Match Racing Championships (bowman) 1st
1994 & 1995, World Youth Match Racing Championships (bowman):1st
2013 Race Campaign
- International Moth Worlds - Hawaii, USA
- A Class Catamaran Worlds – Auckland NZ