Morgan Peach & Owen BowermanBiography Gallery News
Class: RS Feva
Crewmate/s: Morgan Peach
Favourite item of Gill Kit: Pro Gloves because they last longer than any other gloves I have used in the past and the grip is amazing!
The boys have been training hard over the winter including 4 days over February half term in Weymouth Bay with wind chill of upto -12 degrees, they were wearing every bit of warm kit they could get our hands on and were one of the only boats in the combined squad of 23 training who made it through all 4 days without any retirements. Must be the quality of our kit!!!
Over the winter they have been part of the Taylored Support higher level of 3 boats in the RYA National Youth Squad, which has given them access to more events and training, including a week long trip to Lake Garda with RYA head coach Steve Irish for the last Eurocup event of 2012. Although they had mixed wind conditions they won the 50 boat event overall with a race to spare.
2013 is shaping up to be a big year for Morgan and Owen, they plan to do as many of the 29er GP series as possible whilst dodging GCSE and A Levels!
The biggest event on the horizon is the RYA Youth Nationals at Largs at the end of March, the guys have been training really hard whilst focusing on crew work and boat speed. They are going to need all their warm Gill dinghy kit again!
- 2012, 29er Euro Cup Lake Garda, 1st
- 2012, 29er Grand Prix Hayling Island, 1st
- 2012, 29er Grand Prix Torquay, 2nd
- 2012, 29er Europeans Poland, 21st out of 100 boats
- 2012, 29er Worlds Germany, 21st out of 220 boats
- 2011, Feva Inlands, 3rd
- 2011, Feva GP Torquay, 1st
- 2010-11, Grand Prix Series, 1st
- 2010, National Championships Abersoch, 5th
- 2010, World Championships Holland, 7th
- 2010, Feva GP, 5th
- 2010, UK Nationals, 7th
- 2010, Inland Championships, 7th
- 2010, Feva Open Training, 1st
- 2010, Feva GP, 9th
- 2010, Feva Worlds 32nd
- 2010, Torbay Regatta, 1st
- 2010, Irish Nationals, 4th
- 2010, Feva GP, 2nd
- 2010, Zone Championships, 1st
- 2010, Feva GP, 3rd
- 2010, Feva GP, 2nd
2013 Race Campaign
- Keil Week in Germany
- 29er Worlds in Denmark
- 29er UK Nationals at HISC
- Lake Garda for Final Euro Cup
- Ovi Inlands
- Noble Marine Winters