Brad Devine and Ian Furlong
Team Name: Del Boca Vista
Helmsman: Brad Devine
Crewmate: Ian "Footy" Furlong
Class: International 14ft Skiff
Brad's favourit item of Gill Kit: Hydrophobe Trousers
Footy's favourite item of Gill Kit: Skiff Boots
Brad began sailing Mudlarks at the Perth Dinghy Sailing Club in 1972 at 7 years of age. Winning numerous junior and state championships, he went on to racing 14ft Skiffs at only 14 years of age.
At 16 he sailed his first 14ft Skiff Australian Championship where he finished 8th. He went on to win the under 21 Australian Championship in 1984. Four years later on Sydney Harbour, Brad won the overall 14ft Skiff Australian Championships.
In 1997 he began racing 49ers and competed in the inaugural 49er World Championships in the US where he finished second overall. Moving back to sailing 14's, Brad continued with strong placings at numerous 14ft Skiff Australian and World Championships before teaming up with Footy to win the International 14ft Skiff Australian Championships a further three times.
Footy started sailing at 12 years of age in he Signet class at the Perth Dinghy Sailing Club. After winning state and junior championships he progressed in to the Javelin class where he was successful at National and State level.
Crewing for Tony Carr, Footy won his first I14 National Championship at 22 before teaming up with Brad to form a strong partnership, enjoying national success a further three times along with numerous State Championships.
Having achieved great results at State and National level their focus is now set on competing together at the World Championships in Toronto, Canada in 2013.
View the gallery of great images taken by Andrew Gough.
- 2013, Int. 14ft Skiff WA State Championship, 1st
- 2012-13, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 1st
- 2011-12, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 1st
- 2008-09, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 1st
- 2007-08, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 1st
- 2010-11, Int. 14ft Skiff World Team Racing Championship, 1st
- 2005, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 2nd
- 2005, Int. 14ft Skiff World Championship NZ, 5th
- 1988, International 14ft Skiff Aus Championship, 1st
- 1997-98, 49er World Championship, 2nd
- 1997-98, 49er Australian Championship, 2nd
- 1997-98, Int. 14ft Skiff Australian Championship, 1st
- 1992-93, Javelin Australian Championship, 1st
- I14ft Skiff Australian Championship, Manly QLD 28 Dec to 6 Jan 2013
- I14ft Skiff WA State Championship, March 2013
- I14ft Skiff World Championship, Toronto Canada 7-18 Sept 2013