- Shore wear
- Race Collection
- UV Protection
- Shirts & Tops
- Rash Vests
- Buoyancy Aids
- Marine Tools
- Product Care
1.1 The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless inconsistent with the context:
Mr H Baginski who is contactable by post at Gill, Manor House Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham, England, NG10 1LR;
a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive;
Data Protection Act 1998 as amended;
as defined in the DPA;
“we”, “us” or “our”
Douglas Gill International Limited, registered in England and Wales under number 1967176, whose principal place of business and registered office is Gill, Manor House Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham, England, NG10 1LR who maybe contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
an individual, company, or firm accessing our Site.
- 2.2 Our primary reason for collecting your personal data are processing your orders for goods from our Site, to address enquiries which you may make on our Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
- Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
3. Our Policy for Processing your Personal Data
- 3.1 What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
- 3.1.1 When you contact us via the “Contact Us” form on our Site, or email us, or register on our Site we will collect personal data from you.
- 3.1.2 When you contact us over the telephone we may collect personal data from you.
- 3.1.3 Personal information may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- 3.1.4 Personal information obtained by us from customer surveys and/or offers.
- 3.1.5 If you place an order for goods and when you subsequently submit payment for that order we will collect personal data from you.
- 3.1.6 The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, your contact details (such as your address, telephone number and email address), credit / debit card information and other information collected on registration, in the “Contact Us” form or testimonial you may submit on our Site.
4. What do we do with your Personal Data
- 4.1 We will process your personal data so that:
- 4.1.1 we can process your orders for goods from our Site subject to the terms and conditions of our Site;
- 4.1.2 we can fulfil our obligations to you under any contract for the supply of goods subject to the terms and conditions of our Site;
- 4.1.3 we can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact Us” form on our Site, by post, by email, by fax or by telephone ;
- 4.1.4 we can process any payment made by you; and
- 4.1.5 we can process your registration details.
- 4.2 Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- 4.2.1 the general administration of your records by us;
- 4.2.2 the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- 4.2.3 for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
- 4.2.4 to contact you for market research purposes;
- 4.2.5 to maintain records of payments made by you;
- 4.2.6 for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.
- 4.3 When you enter our Site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so (see Condition 10 below), alternatively you can ask your internet browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up.
5. Who else gets to see your Personal Data?
- 5.1 Our data processors.
- 5.2 Such couriers used by us from time to time for the purposes of delivering goods ordered by you.
- 5.3 Such financial service providers used by us from time to time for the purpose of processing payment for goods.
- 5.4 Such marketing companies used by us from time to time.
6. Your Rights
- 6.1 You have the right to object to your personal data being used for ‘direct marketing’ and/or ‘host mailing’ purposes. You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive at any time by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post.
- 6.3 You have the right under the DPA to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing by post to the Compliance Officer and should be accompanied by a £10.00 fee. We will provide you with the relevant information within 40 days of receipt of the fee.
- 6.4 You have other rights under the DPA in relation to our processing of your personal data.
7. Maintenance of your personal data
- 7.1 We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- 7.2 We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
9 Contact information
- 9.1 If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer.
- 9.2 If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk.